Energy Advisors help homeowners identify and prioritize the weatherization measures that best meet their needs and budget. They also make sure all the work done on a home is completed properly –it’s like having your own General Contractor!
Joanie Dinowitz brings a range of talents that NeighborGreen customers would want in an Energy Advisor: training as a Building Performance Institute Analyst, an environmental advocate and a homeowner who has undergone a whole house retrofit. Joanie truly enjoys sharing information in an effort to people see that they can have a positive impact on their community, family, and the earth.
Deborah King, is NeighborGreen’s newest field crew supervisor and proficient blower door diagnostician.
NeighborGreen has screened the Home Energy Performance contractors it works with, including finding out about different specialties, certifications (BPI, NYSERDA, etc.), geographical preferences, and length of service and training of the crew. The contractors we use are proficient in air sealing and insulation and fully licensed and insured with years of experience in all
aspects of residential energy retrofits. As with all jobs, a NeighborGreen
Energy Advisor serves as your general contractor and quality assurance team.
We have developed strategic partnerships with other companies to better serve you. With one call to NeighborGreen you can get responsive assistance to help you seamlessly address all these issues:
- The government will cover 75% of your solar electric system. We work with several companies and can help sort out financing options.
- You want to replace or upgrade your boiler, furnace, or hot water heater and need a responsive HVAC contractor to give you a quote and/or to repair and maintain your existing units.
- You want to find out more about how ductless mini split systems can heat and cool sections of your home – or the whole house.
- You have insects, rats or other pests inside – or outside the home and need a professional pest control company to come quickly to dispose of them.
- You are concerned about an environmental hazard in the home and want to have environmental tests done on the water or air to know if there is an issue.
- You have lived in the house for years and want to finally clean your heating ducts.
- You had a flood in the basement and need remediation including mold clean up, or a sump pump installed.
- You are looking for a good dehumidifier and want a company to
deliver and install it.